Friday, July 18, 2008

Baking...

My sweet husband has been talking about my baking at work. His co-workers have requested my apple pie. I haven't baked a pie or a cheesecake for awhile, we haven't had enough company over to warrant making such a large amount of dessert.

I just got home from the store where I bought some beautiful apples. I can't wait to do some baking tomorrow. My favorite apple pie to bake is a Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie, it is a one crust apple pie topped with a crunchy topping of brown sugar, oats, pecans and caramel topping - YUMMY!

On another note, Adam was looking for a new cookie recipe with two major ingredient requirements - Oats & Chocolate.
He found a recipe on Allrecipes.com for
Baker's Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
I cut the recipe in half for a test run and they are AMAZING!
Probably our new favorite cookie around here.
You don't need to cut up Baker's chocolate, just use any semi-sweet chocolate chips.
We suggest 2 things when making these cookies:
1. Cutting back just a little on the chocolate chips
2. Skippy Natural Chunky Peanut Butter makes these SUPER Yummy!

Happy Baking!

No comments: