So it is 1am on July 5th. I was exhausted at 9:30, stayed up to watch fireworks anyway and then tried to go to bed at 11:00pm - only to get all cozy and Restless Leg Syndrome "kick" in just as I was about to doze off.
I am so annoyed. I hear this is a regular symptom of pregnancy for some reason. My legs and my feet are driving me crazy - I just wiggle and twitch and wiggle some more. I can't make myself be still even if I try. The more I try to be still the worse it is.
Maybe I should get up and do a little jig. hee hee
I read I may need more iron. I don't know if that is true or not but I know I need Jesus to step in right now and make my legs and feet chill out - I want to sleep but instead it's 1am and I am losing my mind.
This is weird.
4 comments:
I hear if you put bar soap under your mattress it will relieve the leg cramps, restless leg? Im not so sure, you could give it a whirl.
I had horrendous leg cramps during my pregnancy. I would wake up yelling to Tim "rub my calf rub my calf!" and the only way to make them go away was to get up and walk them out. Granted, different than restless legs. Eating bananas (potassium) helped me, but the best was wearing compression hose (only knee-high so they weren't so hot,) and stretching out daily. There's your PT advice for the day. :)
Heather! I have experienced the same sensation. I feel like I can't stretch or kick my legs enough to get the 'wiggle' out. Isn't it strange? Have you had more episodes? Mine are fairly random.
Just every now and then.
I have found some relief when it does happen.
Here are my tips...
1. Having Adam massage my feet, toes and calves.
2. Taking my pre-natal vitamin an hour or two before bed rather than in the morning (rumor has it the iron boost is helpful - probably mental, but I'll take what I can get)
3. My doc told me to take 1 benedryl before bed - I sleep like a baby and my feet and legs relax. I've only had to do this twice, but it TOTALLY works for those unbearable nights.
Post a Comment