Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today's Adventure...

I'm trying something new today. It is vain and shallow, but I want to try it.
I am going to get a spray tan at a salon here in town. It's not a "Mystic" tan where you stand in a booth and a machine sprays up and down as you stand in a box.
A professional is actually going to "air brush" a tan on me.

The professional I am going to has very reasonable pricing - if vanity can be reasonable???

and she comes highly recommended by some other gals here in town.

After doing some research I have found that this not harmful to pregnant women or their babies so I am going to give it a try. I am assured that I will not look like an Oompa-Loompa, or any other orange colored things.

Here is the bio I found on my technician...
"We all know that having a beautiful, golden brown color to our skin makes us look healthier and feel more confident. Sunless tanning has recently taken off the last couple of years. I have tried every product on the market and finally found the “perfect” tan.
I offer an easy and effective way of getting a rich, dark tan without being exposed to harmful UV light. This fast drying, non-streaking formula has no “orange” color to it. It is an Aloe Vera based formula that contains caffeine, copper and bio-blend that helps correct and reduce environmental damage that accelerates skin aging. The DHA bronzer reacts with the amino acids in your skin to develop a golden brown tan over a 4 - 6 hour period.
This is not a booth spray tan. I am certified to personally apply this solution to you. The airbrush technique ensures that the solution has evenly covered your body and that there are no missed spots!"

Wish me luck!
I will post a before and after pic tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Heather--

I'm so glad to see more frequent blog posts :) I love keeping up on your life. I'm not sure if I've told you, but I'm planning a trip to Kansas in September. Hopefully I'll get to meet your little girl and hug you too!

Love ya, Ang.