Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie

I am going to make a Peanut Butter Pie tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.
I have never made one before and honestly I have never eaten one before either.
A friend of ours is moving and we are sending him off tomorrow with a little get together - I asked him what he would like for dessert, anything he wanted - he has requested Peanut Butter Pie.

So I am researching recipes today trying to pick one to go with.
He tells me he doesn't know anyone who makes one, but likes to order it at restaurants.
Have any of you ever ordered Peanut Butter Pie at a restaurant and loved it?
If so, where? Maybe I can find their recipe online.

I am excited for this adventure - I like discovering new favorite recipes.

I think I may have narrowed my search down to 2 recipes, but how do I choose? I wish there were going to be enough guests that I could make both recipes and have people taste test and vote, but we will have WAY too many left overs for that, so I will just have to choose.

Hmmmm....
Let me know if you have Peanut Butter Pie suggestions.
I will post a picture of my pie and let you know what the taste testers have to say about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't go wrong with PB, can't wait to see the pics???

Jimi said...

Heather- I make a peanut butter pie that has a chocolate crust, that is fantastic, but I'm guessing that's not the kind of peanut butter pie he wants. I do have a recipe for peanut butter pie, that is topped with a meringue. Is that what you're looking for? Jimi