Thursday, July 10, 2008

Update #1

So far I am impressed with the spray tan. It literally took her less than 15 min to spray me, maybe less than 10. There is no gross smell and that is saying a lot since I am pregnant and seem to be highly sensitive to smell. It actually smells a little like Almond extract you use for cooking. The gal said it the product label says it smells like Raspberry Almond.

A word of caution -
after being sprayed you can not get your skin moist or damp or wet for 8 hours (6 hrs. is suggested, 8 hrs recommended) the spray reacts with your skin to give you that glowing tan look but there is also a topical bronzer that is part of the spray I guess to the technician can tell where they have already sprayed and to give them a gage of how dark they are spraying you to become.
Anyway, I have had this on for a few hours and started crying while talking to my aunt on the phone (not about the tan but some life stuff) after crying with her for a few min. I got off the phone and went to the bathroom. The topical bronzer has been washed away from my tears and only where my tears ran did the bronzer run - I look like a Tammy Faye crying mascara nightmare only brown and not black.
Streaks down my checks all running to a common spot on my chin and then a straight line from my chin, straight down my neck to between my cleavage!
I called my technician immediately - sure she would think I am a total loon.
Turns out this happens to clients when they get in the rain too - she wasn't too shocked about it.
Her instructions to me were try to blend with a dry tissue. Use a damp cloth if I needed to, but cautioned me to know this dampness could just make it worse. It is just the topical bronzer that will come off in my 1st shower anyway and isn't my actual tan but the tanning solution does need to stay dry for as long as possible to "stick" she told me to wait as long as I could before taking a shower and if for some reason I needed some touch up tomorrow she would touch my tan up for free.

Who knew so much drama could come from a tan and a little water?
The blending with the dry tissue seemed to work pretty well, it is still unknown whether I will need a touch up. :)

Oh - and I am not orange at all - thank goodness!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I've been really curious about those spray tans. I'm one of the most pale people on the face of the planet. I've tried the fake tan stuff but it smells so disgusting that I quit. I can't wait to see pics and I hope your face isn't streaky...

Christy said...

I tried Mystic Tan once. It was the one and only time in my life I have been tan. It lasted for 3 glorious days! Unfortunately, I worked out the next day, and though my tan didn't come off in the shower afterwards, something in it must have reacted with my sweat, b/c I had a white line outlining my sport's bra. I did not, however, try any blending...hopefully your tears won't leave a lasting impression! What a bummer!

Unknown said...

Airbrush tan is my favorite, you will become addicted!

Athena+ said...

What a great story! No one writes quite like you. I had a great chuckle!

Unknown said...

Im waiting on the belly post.