Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How to Recycle in Wichita

Walmart & Dillons (at least Tallgrass Dillons) will recycle plastic grocery bags - you go there at least once a week - take your left over bags from the week before and drop them off as you pick up your cart.

Walmart sells these awesome black tote bags available for $1 at the check out line - buy them once use them to go shopping w/ each week. No plastic bags to waste - they hold more stuff and the straps allow you to hang the bag on your shoulder so it is Much easier to bring your things in from the car - I LOVE THEM and I take them to Dillons, they don't care.

Miller's - http://www.recyclewichita.org/ check out this website for the recycle drop off place I go to, you can take almost anything there to be recycled - their hours and what they take is on their homepage. I just went last week so we'll probably go again in October - let me know if you want to come along. I like taking things to Miller's b/c they take pretty much anything you can imagine - all kinds of plastic - even junk plastic, books, magazines, batteries, cardboard, glass, tin, aluminum, junk mail, all kinds of paper, etc. Check their website for a complete listing.

If you want I can give you some tips on sorting and storing until you go to the drop off place. I haven't perfected my strategy yet - but what we do now seems to be working.

No comments: