Giveaway requires an entry by Friday at noon.
Results to be announced Friday evening sometime.
Good Luck!
Ok peeps, I'm on a mission!
I want to make some fish tacos. Don't turn up your nose! I hear they are good and I got some yummy lightly breaded fish at Sam's that I think will be perfect.
So do you have any recipes for fish tacos? What do you put on them?
This got me thinking, fish tacos would be great with some kind of creamy avocado dressing on them, lettuce, tomato, a squeeze of a lime - problem...
I can't find any road tested creamy avocado dressing recipes.
Do you have one?
Do share you awesome cooks out there. Do share! :)
Thanks for the help if you have any.
Finally, What are you cooking for dinner this summer? Give me your best &/or favorite simple summer supper.
I will pick a winner and send you some kind of awesome summer treat gift card. (I'll decide where to when we have a winner, not everyone has a DQ or a Starbucks...but maybe they have something yummy like a Marble Slab or Coldstone or Freedy's...hmmm what will it be)
Winner will be chosen at random to keep things fair and to relieve some pressure to come up with the MOST fabulous dinner idea. ;)
So, what's cookin?
10 comments:
I usually marinate tilapia in 2 T. lime juice, 2 t. chili powder, and 1 t. cumin and just pile on the regular taco stuff. But creamy avocado sounds good. Post the recipe if you find a good one please.
As for the simple supper, I like this grilled chicken salad recipe (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/greek-salad-with-oregano-marinated-chicken-recipe2/index.html). It's a good summer salad.
you HAVE to go to sabor and try their fish tacos before you make them! they are amazing. have you been there? they specialize in latin american cuisine--there is a location in old town and at the waterfront.
simple supper--kabobs for sure! marinated meat or shrimp with loads of fresh veggies. rice pilaf on the side and homemade ice cream for dessert!
this is the description of the fish tacos from sabor's menu:
fried grouper with cabbage, cilantro, avocado crema and tropical pico in warm flour or corn tortillas. served with latin rice and black beans.
Never made fish tacos before. However, I did come across this recipe in Simple and Delicious. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Avocado-Salad-Dressing-2 Haven't tried it yet though.
But if you're interested in another green dressing, Creamy Lime Cilantro, try this: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/03/creamy-lime-cilantro-dressing.html It is absolutely fantastic!!
My new favorite summer time meal is a steak salad with the Creamy Lime Cilantro dressing. Can't take credit for it, though. It's from this site: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/03/chili-lime-steak-salad.html
I've always had fish tacos with a version of cole slaw instead of the more traditional lettuce and tomatoes. You could use your cream avocado dressing to bind the slaw (cabbage, carrots) instead of mayo (ick). I like my slaw to be heavier on the cabbage and carrots than the creamy... I like the crunch.
Loving your pics! It's good to see you and your little girl! I miss you!
I have no idea about creamy avocado anything, but my fave summer recipe is a chicken-pesto-pasta dish with veggies. I posted it on my Facebook profile in a note about a year ago for a friend who was looking for recipes using artichoke hearts. Check it out...it's delish!
Okay...I had to do a little research on this one. I have had some amazing fish tacos while traveling, but never made them myself. I did find this story from NPR about famous fish tacos: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14333245. From my experience I would say a combination of sauces really does make the best fish taco (avocado, cream, hot). I am guessing this is a 5 star recipe for sure. As far as my own summer fare....lots and lots of grilling of both meats (trying fun marinades) and veggies. Grilled corn is amazing! I have been making a lot of roasted new potatoes with fresh basil and oregano as a side dish.
Okay, I don't have an creamy avacado recipe. We just chunk them and eat them on about everything.
I did try a new recipe Friday. It's a great summer recipe and super easy.
Steak Salad Wraps
1 1/2 lb Seasoned Beef for Fajitas (we just seasoned the steak we had in the feezer)
Peppercorn Blue Cheese Dressing
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Lettuce or spinach
Sun Dried-Tomato Tortilla Wraps
Grill steak and then wrap up with above items...so simple and so yummy!
I do hope you'll post your chosen fish taco recipe. I've never made them but would certainly like to try.
Here's my recommendation for a simple summer supper. We just tried it last week, and it's so good, I would consider eating it once a week. (And that's not my style.)
Spicy Honey Chicken Salad from www. ourbestbites.com. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs rubbed with spices, grilled, then drizzled with a honey mixture. Slice the chicken and put in salad of lettuce, mango and avocado. Dress with a Citrus-Honey dressing. All this can be found on Our Best Bites. Very tasty, especially the chicken!
I feel sort of lame saying this - but my favorite food in summer is fresh fruit. Just buy it at the market (I prefer Eastside Market), wash it, and enjoy. As for fish tacos -- i love them, but don't have a good recipe. I look forward to hearing your opinion! :-)
Post a Comment