This post links to my facebook - I can't think of any dad's who will see this via facebook or here on the actual blog that will be getting these cookies so I think this is a safe post - sorry if I ruined it for any of you dads out there.
My friend Jess and I have been planning playgroup activities the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month. Jess thought it would be fun to do a Father's day craft, I agreed and we got to planning. I am loving my new sugar cookie recipe so I thought what if we decorate necktie cookies for dads! Jess thought we should make cards too - now what to wrap the cookies in...hmmmm??? How about Tie Boxes! A local classy men's clothing store donated some very nice tie boxes for us to use, Jess picked them up for us - they were perfect!
Edible ties are WAY better than any 'ol tie that will hang in a closet for years collecting dust. And these were designed by some pretty talented kids with lots of love. The kids used store bought frosting, gummy bears, sugar decorations, sprinkles, mini m&m's, etc. to decorate theirs. They were something to behold, I'll tell you what! When Jess sends me the pics I will share them with you - Dad's be prepared to be loved with sugar, these kids went to town! (You might want to have some pepto handy!) Thank you brave daddies for eating them.
I was busy helping so I decorated Baby K's cookies for Daddy at home, using the cookie icing I love! Plus I made some cookies for the men's clothing store to take when I deliver their Thank you card. I'm no pro but these are pretty cute if you ask me.

4 comments:
Super cute!
Adorable! I like that green icing color. How did you get it? Plus, you can't rave about a good sugar cookie recipe and not post it!
Wasn't green icing. LOL
White, Yellow, dark grey, brown. :)
I have posted a link to the recipe before but I will post again.
Icing is softer than royal icing - it dries hard but melts in your mouth and is soft to eat. So it stays nicer than a frosting but isn't crunchy like a royal icing.
So cute!! I, too, would like the recipes for the cookies and the frosting! Great idea - and yours look professional! :)
Post a Comment