Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Craig's List Success...

I have been stalking Craig's List and garage sales looking for a few baby items I think would be nice to have but are not "needs" and I can't justify spending full cost on them or registering for them and having someone else pay that much either...
I found our changing table on Craig's list (a garage sale listing), painted it and made it just right for the baby's room.

I have been looking for a simple rocking chair that won't take up much room but would give me a place to sit and nurse the baby if I don't want to be out in the living room. Still hunting for this because either the chair isn't right or the price isn't right...Adam's dad is keeping his eye out at auctions too - it will come I'm sure.

Finally I have been looking for an exersaucer - those things are expensive and they take up a lot of room. I have been thinking I would just wait until Kaiya is age appropriate for one and then look, but I've kept my eye out for a good deal just in case. I have seen them at garage sales but they have been missing toys and have been pretty dirty and I just can't bring myself to pay $20 for something that needs a lot of clean up - assuming it can be cleaned up - ya know?

So on Craig's list this week was an exersaucer for $25 - the pictures made it look new. I looked it up on the internet and it runs for about $100. I went over to the lady's house to check it out yesterday. She says both her kids used it - she must have the cleanest kids in the WHOLE world because it looks like she just took it out of the box! Not kidding. So I decided I would go ahead and buy it. I had hoped to get one for $15-20 so I ended up spending more than I wanted but the thing is so clean - I couldn't have asked for a nicer one. I figure we can use it, others can borrow it and some day I can sell it on Craig's list. :)
Here's a picture of it - It's folded down and ready for storage.

3 comments:

Erika said...

I'm also currently stocking craigslist. It's great!

Em said...

yay! great find! I'm excited for you. I've been looking for the perfect bookshelves for James' room. Hope we have as much success. (
We found the perfect, solid wood bookshelf last Friday for $25, but I called an hour too late!...it had sold the very afternoon it went online!)

Marie said...

That's great! You'll love that thing....