Friday, August 29, 2008

Sweet Websites!

Ok - so my Pioneer Woman obsession has turned me on to two other sites I am now offically stalking. :)

There are some great ideas and beautiful food pictures on these sites. I hate cookbooks with no pictures so these user friendly - phototastic (I made that word up) websites are right up my ally. I can't wait for you to check them out...
Food Gawker
Picky Palate
Enjoy finding some really yummy dishes. The Picky Palate is a blog written by a mom who has picky eaters - her recipes seem to have reasonable ingreds - nothing hard to find and not too many ingreds in a recipe. She has some great ideas.

The food gawker is actually made up of many contributors so you just click on a picture of something that looks good to you and it takes you to that person's blog or website for the recipe.
At the very bottom of the FG home page there is an index that you can use to find recipes in a more orderly fashion (ie desserts, beef, chicken, breakfast, etc.).

Happy Cooking!
Heather

3 comments:

Em said...

thanks for the new sites to check out! i'm excited to look over them today....are you ready to have this baby? Heather, I've thought of you a lot lately. You could be going into labor any moment! I'm so excited for you!

Jimi said...

Your self-confessed obsession with the Pioneer Woman makes me feel a little better about mine. Can't wait to check out these other sites.

Em said...

Okay, really. I just clicked on one picture from Foodgawker (hot cocoa cupcakes on first page) and it took me on a 45 minute detour. I could really spend the next three weeks salivating over these amazing recipes!! Thanks again for the references!