Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Recipe

Can't sleep, so I am blogging. :)
I am starting to feel better though, I think the fact that I just got 4 hours of sleep in a row w/o a coughing fit or a potty break has something to do with the fact that I am totally awake at 4:30am. Oh well.

So, this spring we bought half a side of beef. This has been great to have so much meat on hand, especially with the rising cost of groceries. The problem is I have brisket and roast and quite a bit of it and I don't really cook either of those very often. Yesterday I decided I should hunt down a recipe to experiment with.

I decided to try and cook the brisket and found a recipe from the food network website for
BBQ Texas Beef Brisket....why not.
I thawed the meat and rubbed it down with the dry rub before we went to bed. I'm going to cook it today and see how it goes. My brisket isn't as big as what the recipe calls for so I may have to adjust the cooking time...hope I don't have dry brisket - that will make me so mad!

Anyway, I think this recipe is promising...I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Em said...

Sounds delicious! Can't wait to hear how it turns out. You must have a nice sized deep freeze to keep a side of beef--it's a great idea! I thought we were doing well by buying in bulk at Sam's! :)